With Mapme, you can display walking, hiking, or biking trails on your map.
You can use the Mapme drawing tool to manually draw the trails on the map. This is a good solution if you are showing one walking trail in a city. However, if you are displaying a large number of detailed trails, using the manual drawing tool can be challenging.
If you have or can obtain a file with the trails data, you can then import those files directly into Mapme either in the GPX or KML format.
Otherwise, there are different solutions to easily generate files for walking, hiking or biking trails.
As an example, here is how you can use the excellent AlTrails application to easily create files for popular trails.
Create trail files with AllTrails
Sign up for an account at AllTrails.
- Go to Plan > Create Map
- Choose Draw on Map and leave Smart routing enabled
- Enter the area of the trails to focus the map on that area
- All the known trails will show with dotted lines
- As you click on different points on the trails, the path will automatically be generated
- Give your trail a name and save it
- Click on the download button and save the file. You can save the file in the GPX or Google Earth KML format.
You can now upload the trail file in the Mapme editor.