With Mapme, you can easily display 3D buildings on your map to provide a great user experience.
However, if you would like to highlight a specific building in a dense urban area, the building might get lost among all the other buildings.
Therefore, instead of showing all buildings in 3D, you can select specific ones.
In the left example, the user cannot clearly see which 3D building the marker is pointing to. In the right example, the building is clearly highlighted.
Use case examples
A downtown development authority would like to show new developments in the city center. Showing the relevant buildings in 3D provides a very visual experience to the map users.
Selecting the 3D buildings
You simply enter the relevant building ID’s in the Mapme editor.
Here is how you find the building IDs:
- Click to open 3DBuildings.com
- Enter the building address in the search field
- Click on the relevant building. You will see a popup with detailed information about the building
- Copy the “id” number excluding the “w” like the screenshot below:
- Paste the ID number into the “Show specific 3D building” section of the location editor in Mapme
The 3D building will now appear in the map preview.
If you would like to display multiple buildings, separate each building’s ID with a comma.
If you have any questions about this feature, just let us know through the chat or email.