Israeli Mapped in NY is a powerful, crowdsourced map showing you the Israeli startup companies that established a base in New York City. The number of Israeli companies moving to NYC is accelerating every year.
Israel is home to thousands of startups and R&D centers. In proportion to its’ population, Israel has the largest number of startups in the world. However, Israel is a small country with limited resources and therefore restrains the potential of its startups. New York, on the other hand, is a global consumer marketplace that offers greater access to capital and a wealth of advisors.
There exist several accelerator platforms that provide funding for companies and help them to move their operations to NY. One of them is ICONYClabs – an acceleration program that assists promising early-stage Israeli startups in expanding their businesses in the heart of New York City. The program lasts six months and is supported by strategic advisor network that consists of Andrew Cleland, Managing Director at Comcast Ventures, David Aronoff, General Partner at Flybridge Capital, Kirill Sheynkman, General Partner at RTP Ventures, Marc Michel, Managing Partner at Metamorphic Ventures, and more.
These are the top five New York-Based Israeli Startups of 2014:
- Kaltura – a platform that allows publishers and content owners to publish, manage, monetize and analyze their video.
- Outbrain – world’s largest and most trusted content discovery platform.
- Taboola – a platform which recommends editorial and sponsored content across many of the world’s most highly-trafficked sites.
- Fiverr – a global online marketplace where people can offer doing tasks and services.
- Tracx– Tracx is a cloud-based social media management system providing business analytics solutions through the social web.
To dig inside the Israeli Mapped in NY world, take a look below: